Shri Mataji, the founder
Sahaja Meditation is easy to learn. It All Starts With A Deep Breath. Sit comfortably with your eyes closed. Place your hands on your lap with your palms up. Repeat each phrase until you feel peaceful and ready to move on. The following steps will help you calm your thoughts. For best results, do them slowly.
- Take a few slow, deep breaths. This will help you relax and meditate better.
- Put your right hand on your lower left side, just above your hip and quietly say, either out loud or to yourself, “I want to experience the pure knowledge.”
- Move your right hand up along your side until it is just below the rib cage and say, “I am my own teacher.”
- Place your right hand on your heart and say, “I am one with my spirit.”
- Move your right hand to your left shoulder, where it meets the neck, and say, “I do not condemn myself.”
- Next, put your right hand across your forehead, lower your head slightly and say, “I forgive everyone, including myself.”
- Lastly, put your right hand on the crown of your head, the center of your palm making firm contact with the top of your head, and rotate it slowly in a clock-wise direction. While doing this say, “Let me experience the state of meditation.”
Raise your right hand about six inches over your head, palm down. Slowly move your hand up and down until you feel an energy, possibly warmth or coolness, on the palm of your hand. If you do not feel it or are uncertain, simply sit and observe what you are feeling inside.
Sit quietly for approximately 5-10 minutes. Without trying, without effort, notice the mental silence, how your thoughts have calmed. If a thought does pop into your head, let it rise and fall away.
At the end of your meditation, slowly open your eyes .
That’s it. Do you feel better? Did you feel a change? Are you more relaxed, quieter inside? You have just taken the first step on a journey of self realization. The destination? Inner peace, balance, personal control and self understanding. Establish a routine by doing it once or twice a day, every day, for a couple of weeks and see how good it makes you feel. More practice means enjoying more energy and many other mental and physical benefits.
For online meditation courses please visit: www.onlinemeditation.org